Restore Microsoft OneDrive files using BluVault for Microsoft 365
Microsoft OneDrive for Business is one of the best business collaboration tools to sync, share and store business files. But there are times when they are intentionally and unintentionally deleted or worse become a victim of malicious attacks like ransomware which makes the files/folders inaccessible and irretrievable.
Parablu’s BluVault for Microsoft 365 backup and restore setup can be one of the best defences against such common threat instances. Keeping a safe copy of your business files and folders stowed away means that you do not have to struggle to restore affected data whenever required. With BluVault, once the automated backup setup is established, restoring backed up files/folders back to OneDrive for Business is just a few steps away.
Keeping a safe copy of your business files and folders stowed away means that you do not have to struggle to restore affected data whenever required.
How to restore Microsoft OneDrive for Business files using BluVault for Office365?
To restore Microsoft OneDrive for Business files using BluVault for Office365, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Login to Parablu Portal as an admin
2. On Parablu Portal Home, use the Search option on the top of the page to search for the user whose files/folders have to be restored.
3. Once the user gets listed, click on the list icon under My Devices and from the drop-down menu, click Files List
4. Click on the listed files/folder and search of the files/folders to be restored
5. Right-click on the identified files/folders and select from the following options:
- Restore: Initiate to restore the identified files/folders to Microsoft OneDrive for Business cloud.
- Delete: Delete the identified backed up files/folders.
- Versions: Browse through the different versions of files backed up and restore the specific version of the files. This means you get the options to select and restore your OneDrive files to a previous time.
- Download: Download the files/folders locally on to your system
- View: View the files that are backed up
- Share: Share the files with options for password protection, access validity, and view/download permissions
6. In this case, considering that it is a complete restore, click on Restore and Initiate Restore to launch the Restore Settings prompt
7. On the Restore Settings prompt, specify the following options:
- Destination User and Device
- Destination Path
- Number of Threads
- Disallow new backups during this restore
- Restore all versions
- In place Restore
- Restore Data Before (Specify Date and Time)
8. Click on Initiate Restore to start the restore process
9. Once the restore process is complete, you will get a notification that the restore was successfully completed.
Note: You can also check the restore progress on Dashboard under Currently running restore section. You can also check the completed restores under Restore History Report.
Parablu’s BluVault is part of a cost-effective setup that allows you to use Microsoft OneDrive for Business as target storage.
This easy Microsoft OneDrive for Business file backup and restore function in Parablu’s BluVault is part of a cost-effective setup that allows you to use Microsoft OneDrive for Business as target storage. That means you are not investing in new storage infrastructure and utilizing the generally unused space of your business Microsoft OneDrive for Business account.
To explore more such features or get any of yours questions on Microsoft OneDrive for Business file backup and restore answered, get in touch with one of our experts!