Self-service Data Restore with BluVault
We all understand the consequences of business data loss and the value of data backup and recovery but, for most organizations, the backup responsibilities lie completely with the IT teams. On-demand data restore requests create dependencies and confusion because of shared backup responsibilities between the user and the in-house IT team.
Did you know, according to one of the reports, 60% of backups are incomplete and 50% of restores fail. So, will it not be great if there is an easy way to have automated endpoint backup to the cloud, based on the policies defined by the admin and, the flexibility for users to access the backed-up files and restore them anytime they like? With such a data backup solution in place, you can be 100% confident about endpoint data backup being complete and restore at your fingertips.
Did you know, according to one of the reports, 60% of backups are incomplete and 50% of restores fail.
Prabalu’s BluVault gives the endpoint users the flexibility of self-service data restore which removes their dependency on IT admins/IT teams for backup restore.
Steps to perform self-service data restore using BluVault agent
Here is how a Windows/macOS endpoint user can restore backed up files using Parablu’s BluVault agent:
1. Go to System Tray and right-click on the Parablu agent’s icon
2. Under Select a folder or a file to restore, select the select drives, folders, files and version levels to restores and click on Add
3. On Restore Backup window, under Select the device to restore section, double click the Device Name / Username
4. Under Select a folder or a file to restore, select the select drives, folders, files and version levels to restores and click on Add
5. Once the desired files and folders start reflecting under Items to Restore, select the destination folder and click on Restore
6. Once done, the specified files and folder are restored at the specified location
The endpoint users are also given the following options while restoring the backed-up data:
- In place restore
- Restore all versions
- Restore data before
- Disallow new backup during this restore
BluVault is built to protect and safeguard data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized alteration and also gives enterprises complete control over the data protection process along with reporting, alerting, and audit logs.
Self-Service Data Restore is just one of the enterprise-friendly features, if you want to explore more of such features of BluVault, talk to our experts today. Click here to schedule a demo with us.
In this webinar, our speaker will focus on key challenges around bandwidth and storage usage when backing up user data. And, also explore answers to questions like – What could be storage and bandwidth-sensitive backup approach? How you can adopt these techniques? What are the benefits of implementing data backup solutions?