Quick and Easy Backup Data Migration with BluVault
Parablu’s BluVault offers a zero-cost backup data storage solution that enables secure backup of endpoint data to existing cloud storage allocations like Microsoft OneDrive for Business or Google Drive.
BluVault’s setup is easy and IT admins can use a centralized portal to push policies, enable backups, and perform restores. One important feature BluVault offers is what is called Data Migration. It is a helpful feature when BluVault is set up to back up device data to an individually licensed storage allocation like OneDrive for Business.
When the employee is no more with the organization, the M365 admin will most likely remove the user from the license list, causing their M365 license to be relinquished.
When user data is backed up to an storage target like OneDrive which is tied to an individual employee’s Microsoft 365 (M365) license, that data could be at risk when the employee leaves the organization or is terminated. When the employee is no more with the organization, the M365 admin will most likely remove the user from the license list, causing their M365 license to be relinquished. Microsoft usually provides organizations a period of 30 days or so during which data is still preserved in the cloud for such users even after the license is relinquished.
During this time, it is important to ensure that the user’s data backups stored in OneDrive for Business are either recovered or moved to an alternate location. BluVault’s Data Migration option enables IT Admins to migrate backup data belonging to such users, to an alternate OneDrive storage target, in order to ensure continued recoverability for that data and to minimize any disruption to business operations.
How to migrate backed-up data using BluVault’s Data Migration feature
Here are the steps to use BluVault’s Data Migration and perform the above-mentioned action:
Please note: The user whose data has to be migrated should first be blocked using the Block option under the Users tab.
1. Login to the Parablu Portal
2. On the Parablu Portal home, go to the Settings tab
3. On the Settings page, click on the Data Migration option
4. On the Data Migration page, browse through the list of blocked users
5. Once you identify the user whose data needs to be migrated under the Blocked Users section, select the user and click the Add button to move it under the Selected Users section.
6. Next, add the new target storage repository details using the Change Storage Repository field.
7. Now, click on the Start Migrationbutton.