How to perform highly secure file share using BluVault
A recent report from Verizon says that as many as 54% of employees at one time or another, have used their personal email to transfer business documents and data. This is an alarming statistic for any enterprise and a big gap in cyber hygiene.
As part of a robust data protection strategy, enterprises encourage secure practices while handling business data and also have safety mechanisms in place like secure data backups and restores. But these rulebooks and best practices can be rendered ineffective if file-sharing isn’t a factor that’s also considered.
A recent report from Verizon says that as many as 54% of employees at one time or another, have used their personal email to transfer business documents and data.
Secure share and backup with BluVault
Parablu’s BluVault offers enterprises a way to enable policy-based secure file sharing with several built-in and configurable security safeguards – like complex password protection, multi-factor authentication, date expiration, and Information Rights Management (IRM) controls.
With BluVault’s secure sharing in place, your users don’t need to rely on insecure file transfer services hosted in the public cloud or use email attachments. If you wish to enforce the strictest sharing policies – BluVault allows you to do so with a simple one-click operation. Turning ON the Highly Secure Share option in a BluVault policy ensures that all users pointed to that policy will only be able to share files after mandatorily:
- Specifying a complex password
- Specifying a time expiration for the shared link
- Enforcing multi-factor authentication for recipient access
- Enforcing the strictest IRM controls – i.e. the recipient cannot download/print/save the file – only view it in the browser.
How to do secure file sharing using BluVault
To enable Highly Secure Share in BluVault, you may follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Login to the Parablu Portal
2. On the Parablu Home page, go to the Policies Management tab
3. On the Policy Management page, click Backup Policies
4. On the Backup Policies page, click Create New Policy to create a new policy
5. Or use the Edit option to edit an existing policy
6. On the Policies Management page, go to the User Action Preferences tab and scroll down to the Share Details section and select Enabled under the Highly Secure Share option
7. Once Highly Secure Share is Enabled, the security parameters under it are automatically adjusted to their most secure mode – as shown below.
Note: If you want to enable just some and not all of the security options listed above, you can disable the Highly Secure Share option and configure the security preferences according to your needs.
Now, with Highly Secure Share option enabled the following security preferences will get automatically enforced on all files shared by users pointing to this policy:
- Complex Password – Enabled
- Allow Download – Disabled
- Share Expiry Date Required – Enabled
- Multi–Factor authentication – Enabled
Secure file sharing is a built-in feature in BluVault – Parablu’s endpoint backup solution. For more enhanced and comprehensive file sharing and collaboration features, you may consider exploring Parablu’s BluSync ™ – a secure enterprise File Sync and Share solution.
This is one of many helpful features that BluVault offers to ensure a higher level of privacy and protection of all data being backed up and shared. To learn more about Parablu products and features, reach out to our experts and ask for a demo.