Balanced network usage with bandwidth throttling for backups
There are several ways to achieve balanced network usage without compromising on data backups but one of the more effective and straightforward solutions you could adopt immediately could be Bandwidth Throttling
Bandwidth Throttling in backup solutions
How to enable Bandwidth Throttling for backup in BluVault?
2. On the portal dashboard, click on Policy Management from the left panel
3. On the Policy Management page, under Backup Policies section, click on Backup Policies
4. On the Backup Policies page, click on the Create New Policy button
5. On the Create New Policy page, give Name and Description to the policy and click on the Advanced tab
6. On the Advanced tab, under Throttling Attributes, enable the Network Throttle Setting from Client to BluKrypt option and enter the desired value in Kbps, Mbps or Gbps and click on Save to save the policy
7. Now, go back to the Backup Policies page and use the Policy Mapping option or use the Edit Profile option under Active Users section on the portal dashboard to Map the created policy
Now, for the users who are mapped to this policy, the bandwidth usage gets automatically limited to the value specified in the Network Throttle Setting.
Network throttling is a handy way to prevent backups from creating noticeable negative impact on users, networks and system performance. But Network throttling only slows backups down and spreads them out over a longer time period. There are other built-in mechanisms in Parablu’s BluVault which can actually reduce payload – like software compression and de-duplication. To learn more about such features and explore, get in touch with our team. We’d love to hear from you!
In this webinar, our speaker will focus on key challenges around bandwidth and storage usage when backing up user data. And, also explore answers to questions like – What could be storage and bandwidth-sensitive backup approach? How you can adopt these techniques? What are the benefits of implementing data backup solutions?