Cloud storage cost: An easy way to achieve zero cost storage for backup
Data Backup for Data Protection
Data backup is one key solution to protect data and avoid accidental data loss or intentional thefts from business endpoints. Adoption of a backup solution can be easy but finding that tailor-made solution that aligns with your existing data protection setup without incurring a huge cost on backup storage or backup repositories is difficult.
What Parablu offers for business data protection through its data backup solutions is unique. The solution comes with an easy and automated setup that enables safe backup of data residing on end-users ‘ endpoints with no additional cloud storage cost for the backup data storage involved. This lowers not just the total cloud storage cost involved in adopting a backup solution but also decreases dependencies on local storage targets, removes manual tedious management of users/data processes, and acts as an additional defence against any potential data security threats.
How do we achieve zero cost storage for backup?
The first thing is that we do is, enable the use of your existing business storage solution for automated backups.
For example, if you are using Microsoft Office 365, we set the backup target as your OneDrive for Business account. OneDrive for Business which comes bundled with Office 365, by default has 1 Terabyte storage per user account. This allocated space is generally not utilized by the end-user.
What else to expect other than zero-cost storage for backup?
Parablu’s zero-cost storage for backup setup comes with a host of unique features and capabilities. Here are some of them:
- Focus on Data Privacy: Parablu keeps your data safe by ensuring that all data that is backed up is encrypted and is protected by a strict enforcement of Segregation of Duties. This means that the enterprise always controls the encryption keys to the data. Not Parablu, not the cloud vendor, nobody else.
- Automated Endpoint Backup: With Parablu’s solution in place, you can be rest assured that the business data is constantly being automatically backed up without any inputs or interference from the endpoint users. This means no learning curve for the end-users, change in behaviour expectations, and inconsistent gaps because of selective backups.
- Policy-Driven Backups: Multiple endpoints and different level of users means a wider range of backup needs and requirements. Parablu offers a solution for it by creating policy-based backups from types of files/folders/drives, specifying times for backups, to enabling sensitive bandwidth usage.
- Centralized Data Back and Recovery Management: All users and endpoints are available on one single console which means centralized access to all backup and recovery activities with options to monitor, control, and report.
- Self-Service Functions for end-users: When the end-users are empowered with access to their backups, self-service functions like backup recovery, there is a seamless flow of responsibilities/duties without inter-department dependencies. If you don’t want the end-users to access, view, and tamper with the backups, you can create an invisible secure storage container. This could be a good solution for any potential insider threat incidents too.
According to the latest statistics of 2020, it is that 34% of businesses that have a backup solution in place never test it.